2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The maximum towing capacity of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 is 11,800 pounds when you opt for the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. If you’re looking for a light-duty truck with ample towing capability for your Cedar Park needs, then it’s evident: the GMC Sierra 1500 has the ability you require to tackle almost any towing task! If you’d like to learn more about the Sierra features or towing, read on or just reach out to us at Nyle Maxwell GMC!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
How much the GMC Sierra tows does vary based on how you equip it. Choose the Double Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package, and you’ll get the ability to tow up to 11,800 pounds. Choose another engine and drivetrain combination without this package, though, and your towing capacity will be different. Here are some options that will affect how much the GMC Sierra can tow:
- Drivetrain: 2WD or 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Standard Box or Short Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
2021 GMC Sierra Towing-Enhancing Features
- Max Trailering Package: Adding a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavy-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and even a 220-amp alternator, the Max Trailering Package not only adds durability to the Sierra 1500, but also enables this truck to reach its maximum towing capacity.
- Electric Parking Brake Assist: This feature applies the electronic parking brake automatically when you put your truck in Park in order to avoid rolling, which can be especially helpful when towing in Austin or Pflugerville.
- Trailering Camera Package: Side-view mirror cameras are added to the Sierra with this package to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. Want a trailer mounted camera for your Sierra 1500, too? That’s also available.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System adds high-resolution cameras that you can watch through the Sierra’s central infotainment display, plus compatibility with integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Killeen easier than ever.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Dynamic grid lines and zoom capability help you hitch up your trailer correctly every time.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before you hit the road in Cedar Park, even if alone, with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: From pre-departure checklists to Trailer Theft Detection and programmable trailer brake settings, this system adds plenty to love.
Find Your Next GMC Sierra at Nyle Maxwell GMC
Now that you know more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity, if you’d like to purchase or lease a new Sierra pickup, we’re happy to help. Give us a call or contact us online with questions. In the meantime, you can easily apply for financing from the comfort of home.
More from Nyle Maxwell GMC
The maximum towing capacity of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 is 11,800 pounds when you opt for the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. If you’re looking for a light-duty truck with ample towing capability for your Cedar Park needs, then it’s evident: the GMC Sierra 1500 has the ability you…
You might have already been imagining the possibilities of getting behind-the-wheel of a new GMC Yukon in Cedar Park, but have you thought about how choosing one Yukon configuration over another will affect your overall driving experience? Choosing an entry-level GMC Yukon trim level will get you tons of technology and space, but opting for a…
Cedar Park and Austin drivers aren’t all alike, but one thing most can agree on is that when it comes time to purchase a new pickup truck, it’s important to find one that’s unique. What better way to personalize your next pickup than by getting it in a mix of interior and exterior colors that…