2021 GMC Terrain Towing Capacity
The 2021 GMC Terrain is one of the most popular compact SUVs you’ll find running about Cedar Park streets. But just what does this GMC offer you when it comes to towing capability? Quantitatively speaking, the GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches 1,500 pounds when properly equipped. Nyle Maxwell GMC has all the details on the new Terrain engine specifications, towing features, and more, so keep reading! If at any point you have additional questions, contact us online, and we’ll be glad to further assist you!
How Much Can the GMC Terrain Tow?
When equipped with the available 1.5L turbocharged gasoline engine that puts out 170 hp and 203 lb-ft of torque, the 2021 GMC Terrain can tow up to 1,500 pounds. What exactly does that empower you to do? While specs are nice, here are some examples of things you can tow with a 1,500-pound towing capacity:
- A lightweight aluminum trailer
- A pop-up tent or teardrop trailer
- A motorcycle or jet-ski
- A set of canoes or kayaks
- A lightweight rowboat or other small watercraft
GMC Terrain Traction Select: Tow More Confidently
The 2021 GMC Terrain towing capacity isn’t the only towing-related thing that this GMC SUV has going for it. In fact, all GMC Terrain models equipped with all-wheel drive also come standard with the Traction Select system. This system features the following modes for greater towing confidence on Austin and Pflugerville roads:
- FWD: Use FWD mode to decrease your fuel consumption during everyday Round Rock driving. How does it work? The rear axle is mechanically disconnected when you engage FWD mode, which eliminates drag and sends power to only the front wheels.
- AWD: Use AWD mode to send vehicle power to all four wheels when you’re towing or need extra traction.
- Off-Road: Taking the road less traveled? Use Off-Road mode automatically adjust the AWD system for even more traction and stability than only AWD mode provides in dirt, gravel, and sand.
- Available Tow/Haul Mode: Tow/Haul mode is available to offer you improved trailering capabilities via Trailer Sway Control while also increasing traction on boat ramps or uneven roads by automatically engaging AWD mode as necessary.
Find & Finance Your Next GMC Terrain at Nyle Maxwell GMC!
Now that you’ve had a chance to explore the GMC Terrain towing capacity some more, we invite you to call us at 512-774-6487 for additional information or to schedule a test drive. Alternatively, feel free to visit us in person to talk about your GMC Terrain financing options and GMC Terrain specials.
Learn More About the GMV Terrain
If you’re looking for your next GMC SUV and prioritize luxury, tech, safety features, and various trim levels, the 2021 GMC Terrain should be on your radar. The Terrain offers plenty of cargo room, allowing you to carry loads that are up to 8 feet long. It is filled with the latest in smartphone integration…
The 2021 GMC Terrain is one of the most popular compact SUVs you’ll find running about Cedar Park streets. But just what does this GMC offer you when it comes to towing capability? Quantitatively speaking, the GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches 1,500 pounds when properly equipped. Nyle Maxwell GMC has all the details on the new Terrain…
The GMC Terrain should be your go-to choice when searching for a “professional-grade” compact-SUV. Even when compared to the larger Acadia, the 2021 Terrain offers plenty to love! In fact, thanks in large part to the 2021 GMC Terrain configurations, or trim levels (there are four), there’s a perfect Terrain for nearly every type…