2021 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
How much can the GMC Yukon tow? Great question! The 2021 GMC Yukon towing capacity allows Pflugerville drivers to haul up to a maximum of 8,400 pounds. You will be hard-pressed to find another full-size SUV that offers extraordinary performance and design components. No matter what you tow with your GMC Yukon, you will be utterly satisfied. Contact us to schedule a test drive in our Round Rock location today!
How Much Can the GMC Yukon Tow?
When properly equipped, the GMC Yukon towing capacity can tow up to 8,400 pounds. For example, the GMC Yukon SLE trim level offers a powerful 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. The Yukon SLE can easily tow a lot more due to its engine type.
What are the Towing Specs for the GMC Yukon?
You can expect every GMC Yukon to come standard with the Yukon Trailering Hitch Package. The package includes a seven-wire harness, a 2-inch trailering receiver, and much more! When you choose the available Heavy-Duty Trailering package, you can expect the following on the Austin roads:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,705 lbs
- Yukon Maximum Towing: Up to 8,500 pounds
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: Up to8,3000 pounds
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity: Towing Features
We want your towing capacity to reach its full potential so you can tow with confidence. There are plenty of towing features available to improve your overall towing experience:
- Trailer Brake Control: Take charge of your trailer’s braking system with controls located on the back of your steering wheel.
- Hill Start Assist: Switch from the brake to the accelerator by having the feature hold the trailer brakes on your behalf. Perfect for steep inclines.
- Trailer Sway Control: Keep your Yukon and trailer swaying in the same direction with this feature. The StabiliTrak sensors automatically detect swaying for you and make adjustments.
Explore the GMC Yukon Towing Capabilities at Nyle Maxwell GMC
Now that you know how much a GMC Yukon can tow, you can confidently choose the trim that best suits your lifestyle. Let our finance team help you get behind the wheel of a Yukon today. We want to help you save even more near Cedar Park, which is why we update our new vehicle specials often!
More from Nyle Maxwell GMC
While a heavy-duty trucks’ main priority is being capable of handling all of your challenging jobs in the Cedar Park area, there are some models out in the market that are both capable and pleasing to the eye. One truck that comes to mind is the 2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4! With a pronounced, dashing…
The 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 is one of the toughest trucks in its class and provides you with the confidence to complete any job around Cedar Park. One of the most impressive features is the GMC Sierra truck bed dimensions, which leads its class in both features and utility. Learn more about the new…
Shopping for a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500, but you can’t settle on which trim you should get? Our team at Nyle Maxwell GMC can help you out! We will walk you through each of the GMC Sierra configurations, including its starting price and highlights, so you can have a better idea of how they differ from one…